- Oily skin: Oily skin is the result of your body producing too much sebum. While this is a natural substance that’s actually good for our skin, some people produce too much and are left with clogged pores and acne. Activated charcoal is a very porous material, therefore, it efficiently absorbs unwanted oil and leaves your skin looking fresh.
- Acne-prone skin: While the charcoal can absorb unwanted oils and bacterial substances from your skin, it also acts as an anti-inflammatory that can be followed by acne breakouts. It can also help rid your skin of dark or red spots leaving blemish-free, evenly colored results.
- Smoothes wrinkles: As we age, our skin naturally appears looser due to a decline in collagen. Activated charcoal can slow down premature ageing or discoloration that occurs by tightening pores and increasing low collagen levels.
- Provides moisture to dry skin: The great thing about charcoal is its ability to conform to your specific needs. While it has the ability to remove excess oil, it can also act as a natural skin moisturizer too.
- Treats conditions like psoriasis and eczema: Psoriasis and eczema are skin conditions that causes patches on the skin to appear red and scaly and are usually very itchy. They’re commonly found on joints like knees, elbows, ankles and sometimes scalps. By adding charcoal to your skin care routine, you can efficiently remove dead skin cells while cleaning deep down into the pores to prevent future breakouts.
Activated Charcoal Soap available on 8/25/22 scented with Peppermint Essential Oil. Topped with Calendula and Safflower petals.